|Want to send this page or a link to a friend? Click on mail at the top of this window.|
More Special Reports
|Posted December 30, 2007
|A PARTIAL LIST|
|HAITI: Lavalas officials (members of Aristide's party), senators, deputy, private citizens suspected of, convicted for trafficking in narcotics|
|SUSPECTED TRAFFICKER LAWMEN:|
1) Senator Joseph Lambert
2) Senator Herivaux
3) Senator Michel Clerie
4) Congressaman Eric Jean Jacques (died late February 2012 in a Dominican Republic hospital of prostate cancer)
5) Senator Youri Latortue
|OTHER SUSPECTS ARRESTED, AWAITING TRIAL, CONVICTED|
1) AMBROISE, Stephanie Former director of security for American Airline at Port-au-Prince international airport Arrested in Haiti in October 2004 and extradited to the US on October 14, 2004; she is awaiting trial in Miami and is currently out of jail on bail and confined to the Miami area; pleaded guilty on March 1, 2006 and sentenced in May to a long prison term as punishment.
2) AURELIEN, Eddy High level drug trafficker Extradited to US from Haiti in August 2003
3) BATRONY, Jean Salim Businessman and high level drug trafficker In jail in Miami
4) BAZILE, Immacula Former Lavalas member of the lower house of parliament implicated in drug trafficking in Jacmel Disappeared at about the time of Aristides downfall in February 2004
5) BRILLANT, Evens (or Evintz) Former head of Haitian National Police anti-narcotic brigade (Bureau de Lutte contre le Traffic des Stupéfiants) Arrested in Haiti in late May 2004 and transported to the US; awaiting trial; tried and found not guilty on October 7, 2005
6) CASTILLO, Quirino Ernesto Paulino Former captain of the Dominican army and high level drug trafficking baron suspected of ties with Haitian networks. Extradited to NYC from the DR on February 19, 2005
7) CELESTIN, Fourel Former president of the Haitian Senate Arrested in Haiti in late May 2004 and transported to the US. He is now serving a long prison sentenced as punishment.
8) CONTENT, Wilnet Former Lavalas member of the lower house of parliament implicated in drug trafficking in Jacmel Disappeared at about the time of Aristides downfall in February 2004
9) DORLEANS, Pierre-Claudel Arrested in Canada while trying to smuggle cocaine dissolved in cans of soft drink on February 23, 2005.
10) EDOUARD, Serge Businessman involved in the borlette (lottery) and allegedly involved in drug trafficking. Arrested in the DR on April 16, 2005 and immediately thereafter transported to the US; convicted on July 22, 2005 of drug trafficking and money laundering; sentenced to life in jail late in September 2005
11 & 12) EDOUARD, Hughes and Hubert Half twin brothers of Serge Edouard heavily involved with him in drug trafficking Convicted in Miami; have testified against their half brother in order to have their sentence reduced
13) ELNU, Moïse Former officer of the Haitian National Police. Arrested in Santo Domingo with his Spanish acolyte, Luis Felipe García Manso Gonzales on January 12, 2007 and extradited the same day to Miami. Accused of shipping 2000 kilos of cocaine to the US.
14) JASME, Jean Eliobert (AKA ED-One) Former owner of a construction company and high level drug trafficker Extradited to US from Haiti in September 2003; sentenced on February 9, 2005 to nearly 20 years
15) JEAN, Oriel. Former head of presidential/national palace security. He was arrested in Canada in May 2004 and transported to the US shortly thereafter. He has pleaded guilty in Miami in late May 2005. He was condemned to 3 years in jail on 11.18.05
16) JEAN-LOUIS, Jean-Claude Businessman suspected of having connections with drug trafficking and having financed the armed rebellion against Aristide. Escaped from the National Penitentiary on February 19, 2005; he was arrested in the DR and extradited to Haiti on July 10, 2005
17) JOASSAINT, Yonel. Husband of Stephanie Ambroise and former security agent at American Airline in P-au-P. Pleaded guilty with his wife in Miami on March 1, 2006. He was sentenced in May
18) KETANT, Jacques Beaudouin (drug kingpin's mansion), High level drug trafficker Transported from Haiti to US in June 2003, convicted late in February 2004 shortly before Aristides overthrow and currently serving time in an American jail. At the time of his sentencing, he denounced Aristides participation in drug trafficking. His brother, Hector, was shot dead by Rudy Thérassan on February 13, 2003
19) LAFONTANT, Charles Maxime. High level drug trafficker. Arrested in Haiti and extradited to the US where he is in jail
20) LEONARD, Hermione Former commander of Haitian National Police Department of the West.
21) LESTIN, Romaine Former head of Haitian National Police at international airport. Indicted jointly with Lucien and Thérassan and in jail in Miami; awaiting trial there; pleaded guilty in Miami on August 23, 2005. They were sentenced on November 9, 2005
22) LOUIS, Wista Arranged transportation of drugs from Haiti to Miami; wife of Thibaud Codefendant with Jean Eliobert Jasme. Sentenced on February 9, 2005 to nearly 16 years.
23) LUCIEN, Jean Nesly. Former chief of Haitian National Police. Indicted jointly with Lestin and Thérassan and in jail in Miami; pleaded guilty to charge of money laundering on April 12, 2005; condemned to nearly 5 years on July 13, 2005. More, After journeying in a U.S. jail cell, Lucien, a deposed Haitian totalitarian dictator Aristide' national chief of police is ultimately deported to Haiti
24) MARCELLUS, Nahoum Former Lavalas member of the lower house of parliament implicated in drug trafficking in Cap-Haïtien. Disappeared at about the time of Aristides downfall in February 2004
25) OVALLE, Carlos Colombian national and long time resident of Haiti in charge of coordinating drug trafficking in Haiti on behalf of the Colombian cartels. Extradited to the US in September 2003; tried and convicted in Miami
26) THIBAUD, Emmanuel.High level drug trafficker and husband of Wista Louis. Already, he is serving a 141/2 year sentence for drug trafficking
27) THERASSAN, Rudy. Former head of the Haitian National Police Brigade of Research and Investigation. Arrested on May 14, 2004 in Miami, indicted jointly with Lucien and Lestin and in jail in Miami; on April 20, 2005 pleaded guilty to accepting protection money from traffickers; condemned to nearly 15 years on July 13, 2005. More
28) VIELOT, Jean Ronald. High level drug trafficker. Arrested in Miami on January 19, 2005.
|Wehaitians.com, the scholarly journal of democracy and human rights|
|More from wehaitians.com|